Series Properties control aspects of how the measure is displayed within a visualisation.
- Series Type – Normally matches the visualisation selected (e.g. Bar Chart measures default to Bar Series) but can be used to, for example, add a trend line series to a bar chart
- Colour – The colour the Bar / Line representing this measure should appear as in the chart.
- Colour Each – When checked, each data point within this measure will be assigned a different colour
- Mark Style – The data caption to show beside each data point (e.g. at the top of each bar / at each point on a trend graph)
- Marks Visible – Whether the data caption shows or not
- Series Active – Whether the Measure displays as On or Off in the view
- Series Format – The display mask to use for data captions
- Left Axis Label – The Label to show on the Left Axis (if a bar chart)
- Left Axis Visible – Whether the Left Axis is Visible or Not
- Enable Right Axis – Shows this measure on the Right Axis instead of the left (if a bar chart)
- Right Axis Label – The Label to show on the Right Axis (if a bar chart)
- Stack Type – Side / Stacked / Stacked 100% used to stack measures on a bar chart e.g. (Sales YTD & Forecast Remainder of Year)
NB: The Properties displayed will be determined by the Visualisation type in use. Some visualisation won’t display anything here (as they don’t have charting planes on which to show a data series)