You can use a spreadsheet to update data in a Datamart table. This can be established by taking the following steps:
- Link a Dataset to a spreadsheet and ensure that the Dataset allows saving. See here
- Ensure that the at least one field is marked as the primary key (and that the Dataset observes that condition). See here
For the end user, they simply press the save button on the spreadsheet and Nathean Analytics will attempt to save the data.
- Users cannot edit the primary key on existing rows. It will return with a failure message
- If the Datamart table has been configured to be refreshed by a dataset, any changes to the data made by users will be lost when the datamart is refreshed (any triggers or indexes defined on the datamart table in the RDMS may also be lost as the Dataset refreshes will drop and replaces the datamart table unless configured to append data to a data-mart.
- If creating a new row and you have not included the primary key in the spreadsheet, it will be assumed that the primary key is a auto increment field and that the database will allocate the next number.
- Datasets which contain Post Save scripts get executed when the user saves the data and this data is passed to the script for further processing
Last modified: Jan 28, 2021
Thanks for your feedback.