To sort data in your report:
- Create a new or open an existing data-bound report.
- Switch to the Properties panel and select the Detail band. Select the Sort Fields section in the Actions category and add a new sort field to sort the report’s data by the required data field.
This adds a corresponding sort field to the Sort Fields collection. You can access this collection by expanding the sort field section.
- Click the or buttons to define the sort order within the group (ascending or descending). Use the button to disable sorting in grouped data.
- When a report has multiple sort fields, you can change their order by clicking Move Up or Move Down.
- Drag the corresponding field from the Field List onto the report area and switch to Print Preview to see the result.
Last modified: Aug 26, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.