From the Analyser menu, select the View you wish to open from your list of Favourite Views , from your top ten recently opened Views, or click open view.
If using Open View button, select the Dataset to be analysed and either select an existing view from the dropdown menu or click on “Add New View” to create a new view of the data held in that Dataset.
If any run-time parameters have been defined for the underlying Dataset, they will be presented in a pop-up window:
For a new view, or an existing view which has no grouping defined, the result-set will be shown on-screen in a grid:
A bar of icons represent the functions available to the user in the Analyser screen. The functions shown will vary depending on the View Permissions) of the logged in user.
– Launches the View Selection pop-up to change to another Dataset or View
– Save any changes made to the opened View
– Launches a pop-up which allows the user to Save a Copy of the opened view (including any changes made) to a new view.
– Launches the Group Summary window
– Applies Best Fit to all columns, increasing / decreasing the width of each column to that required for the largest displayed value.
– Refresh the displayed data using the currently selected parameters
– Turn Chart On/Off & Change Chart Type
– Opens the Field Chooser
– Re-launches the Parameters dialogue allowing the user to change the initially selected parameters (where they have been defined for the Dataset / View)
– Opens additional options in a drop-down continuation of the function bar:
Download – launches the Download View window
Add To Dashboard – launches the Add View to a Dashboard window
Permissions – allows the user to set View Permissions
Favourite View / Remove View from Favourites – Adds or Removes a view from the logged in user’s Favourites list
Open Dataset Definition – Opens the Edit Dataset page in a new tab
Edit View Name – Allows the View Name to be changed
Delete – Allows the View to be deleted.