The Picture Box control allows you to embed static (stored with the report) or dynamic (obtained from a data source) images into a report.
To add this control to a report, drag the Picture Box item from the Toolbox onto the report’s area.
The Picture Box can display images with the following formats: BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIF, TIFF, PNG, ICO, DIB, RLE, JPE, JFIF, EMF, WMF.
Use the Image Source or Image URL property to specify the image the Picture Box displays. You can access these properties in the Actions category.
The specified image is saved with the report if you use the Image Source property. If you use the Image URL property, only the path to the image is stored.
Image Size Modes
Use the Sizing property to specify an image’s position in the Picture Box.
This control supports the following image size modes:
- Normal – The image is displayed at the top left corner with its original dimensions. The image is clipped if it does not fit the control’s boundaries.
- Stretch Image – The image is stretched or shrunk to fill the control’s width and height.
- Auto-Size – The control’s dimensions are adjusted to the image’s size.
- Zoom Image – The image is resized proportionally without clipping it to fit the control dimensions.
- Squeeze – The image is centered and shown full-size if the control dimensions exceed the image size. Otherwise, the image is resized to fit the control’s boundaries.
- Tile – The original image is replicated within the control starting from the top left corner. The replicated image is clipped if it does not fit the control’s boundaries.
You can also use the Image Alignment property in the Normal, Zoom Image and Squeeze modes to specify the alignment in relation to the control’s boundaries.