Master Fields allow for easy management of Dataset Fields and Parameters of the same name which exist across multiple Datasets to share a single definition. Some advanced features, such as colour management of bars on Views, can only be set on fields that have been marked as Master Fields.
In the Master Fields area, a grid of previously defined Master Fields will be displayed along with the following buttons:
- Create New Field – Allows a new Master Field to be defined.
- Delete Unused – Will delete any Master Fields which aren’t currently linked to Fields in a Dataset.
- Filter by Dataset – Will display all Master Fields used in a particular Dataset
On the right hand side of each row of the grid are three buttons which allow users to:
- View Dataset – Displays a list of the Datasets the Master Field in Question has been used in.
- Edit – Displays a pop-up window allowing properties of the Master Field to be edited:
- Delete – Deletes the Master Field Definition