A View is a saved representation of the data held within a Dataset. This architecture allows users to query the data held within each Dataset defined in Nathean Analytics in as many different ways as they can think of while ensuring those questions are answered from a “single source of truth”.
When defining a view of a Dataset, the user can specify:
- The parameters the Dataset is to be run for (typically date/time ranges, regions or areas, particular sub-sets of the data etc).
- The fields of the Dataset that should be visible to end users of the view.
- Any Data Groupings
- Any calculations to be carried out on the data (Group Summaries)
- Any filters to be applied to that data.
- How the data should be visualised.