Nathean Analytics does support import of Excel and CSV files with no modifications required and can support pipe delimited data – but with a manual change once during the dataset creation stage.
The steps are
- Open the file which contains the pipe delimited data using Microsoft Excel.
- Insert a new empty row for the first row and add the following text in the column 1 – PIPE_DELIMITED_DATA
- Save the file as an xlsx file and import this as as normal
You will see the following structure for the field result.
- now open the cache tab on the dataset and set the Excel File Location to the original pipe delimited file.
- Set the cache timeout and either force a cache refresh. When complete check the imported table (check the dataset type sql definition for the table). You will see that the data is imported using the field names from the first row.