Group Formula measures allow users to perform a calculations between the other measures defined in a view and display them as an additional measure.
This is accomplished by opening an existing view, navigating to the Measures tab and clicking “Add New Record”:
- Caption: Enter a Name for the new Group Formula Measure
- Column: Select any numeric column.
- Operation: Group Formula
- Position: Must be set to Group
- Format: Specify the other summaries to use (by their SummaryID and the operation to perform.
- Sorted By Sort Groups by this Summary Detail
The example in the screenshot above $$(G1+G2):0 highlights the syntax to be entered in the Format field:
Components: $$ - Alerts Nathean Analytics that this measure is an operation between other measures. (G1+G2) – Specifies which summaries to use (where the G1 represents a Measure with SummaryID1 and G2 represents a Measure with SummaryID2) and the operation to perform. : Separates the summary calculation from the formatting string. 0, is the format we want to apply to this measure when displaying the value in a view
The available operands are: + (Addition) - (Subtraction) * (Multiplication) / (Division) % (Percentage)