An Exception, or event-based report can be triggered by events that are outside the scope of what is considered a normal range. Reports of this kind are employed in a number of settings, including the process of inventory reconciliation, project management investigation, and even employee assessments.
The Scheduler currently does not support native event-based scheduling. This is a feature that is in the development pipeline and will be part of a future release.
Until then, it is possible to set up schedules that are executed based on results from a Dataset query.
Examples for use cases of this would be:
- Send email if an error appears in the Database
- Send email if no sales recorded for yesterday
- Send email if Sales < Budget Expected
- Send email if duplicate Patient Record detected
- Send email if discount > 60% is applied by a staff member
- Send email if avg time between exams > 1hour
The emails will be send as a Report via the Nathean Schedule Service and could contain anything from the data that caused the exception, or simply a PDF with the text of the issue.