Drilldown allows a Dataset to be connected to another Dataset. This allows a user to click on a field in a view of the first Dataset and be taken to a view of a second Dataset. Parameters can be passed into the Destination View based on values contained in fields in the row that the user clicks on the Drilldown Field in. This is particularly useful for linking an aggregated Dataset (e.g. Sales v Targets) to a more granular dataset (e.g. Sales Transactions) which allows an end user to drill from a single row of the aggregated Dataset (e.g. Sales for a particular Store in a particular month) to a subset of the data in another Dataset (e.g. all sales transactions that occurred in that Store during that month)
Click on the Add Drilldown button to launch a popup window where the user can specifiy a field to be a drilldown.
- Select a field to be the field to be drilled down from in the Source View.
- Choose the Dataset that contains the Destination View.
- Choose the Destination View that the field will drill down to.
A new row will appear in the grid (Many drilldowns can be defined on the same dataset)
Click on the Parameters button to specify any parameters to be passed into the Destination View and click Add New Record to provide details of the parameter value to pass into the view:
- Select the parameter to pass a value into in the Destination View
- Select the field from the Source Dataset that the value for this parameter is to be taken from