Given a set of remote on premise databases with the same data structure, you can deploy the Nathean Schedule Service as an agent beside each database and create a single dataset in the central solution to consolidate data from all the connected agents.
- A single Nathean Analytics Instance is deployed in Azure.
- The Nathean Analytics Solution DB contains dataset and report definitions only.
- The Nathean Analytics data mart stores uploaded data from each of the individual stores and consolidated for reporting purposes.
- Each site will be represented in the Nathean Analytics Solution as a separate data connector.
- A consolidated object will be based upon a data marted table as populated by the Nathean Schedule Service running as an agent.
- In each site an instance of the Nathean Schedule Service is installed which is configured only to refresh objects as set up against its own Nathean Analytics data connector. It uploads store transnational data to the shared Nathean Analytics data mart. The object definitions will come from a single Nathean Analytics dataset definition.
- The Azure firewall protects the deployment.
Note, there is no need to punch any holes through the on premise firewall but the server which runs the agent must have access to the internet and Azure specifically as the Agent operates on the basis of accessing Secured Azure App Services and Azure SQL databases. Some environments do however limit accessing external resources. For those environments the following document explains the technology and firewall considerations.