The Datasets area is used to manage Datasets and Views within Nathean Analytics. A dataset is any set of data that is available for analysis in Nathean Analytics. It may take the form of a database query, table, stored procedure; a LINQ query against the Nathean Analytics in-memory cache; a Microsoft Excel file; a web-based API or data service etc.
From the Dataset Listing Page the user may perform the following actions:
- Create A new dataset can be created by clicking the “Create New Dataset Button”. This will navigate the user to a dataset creation wizard which is detailed later in this chapter.
- Export By Clicking the “Export to Excel” button the user can export a list of all the datasets to an excel sheet.
- Import By Clicking the “Import” button the user is given a window to import a dataset from another Nathean Analytics instance.
- Refresh all Cached Datasets By Clicking the “Refresh All Cached Datasets” button the user is given a window to refresh all cached datasets that the user has permission to.
- Edit a Dataset By clicking on a datasets name the user can enter the dataset edit page.
- The permissions button allows user/group permissions to be set for the Dataset
- The views button displays a pop-up detailing the views that exist for this Dataset
- The delete button allows a Dataset to be deleted from the system.