Selecting the Create Dataset option will launch the Dataset builder Wizard. The wizard consists of 7 steps
Here, the Nathean Analytics Developer can enter the:
- Dataset Name – The name by which the Dataset will be known inside the Nathean Analytics environment.
- Display Name – The name which end users will see displayed in the Nathean Analytics Desktop or Report Designer tools
- Permission Group – The permission group to which the dataset belongs (and from which it will inherit its User or Group permissions if “Permissions Inherited” has been checked on this Permission Group).
- Dataset Type – The type of Dataset:
- Description – A description of the Dataset, typically used for developer notes
- Tags – Key words that help identify this Dataset when a user searches for data in the Nathean Analytics environment
Query – A database / LINQ / API query will be input
Multi Source A Dataset that joins two or more Datasets
Excel – A Microsoft Excel File will be uploaded for analysis
Table – ORACLE only – specifying a table name will create a Dataset of that table
Stored Procedure – ORACLE only – specifying a Stored Procedure name will create a Dataset of the results of that table.
Fieldreach – A set of AMT Sybex Fieldreach script result to be imported will be defined