This document describes how to count the number of groups in a report.
- Insert the Group Header band, select the Group Fields section in the Actions category and add a new group field to group the report’s data by the required field.
- Switch to the Field List and drop the group field onto the created Group Header.
- Drop a label onto the Report Footer, expand the Summary section in the Actions category and set the Running property to Report.
- Click the ellipsis button for the label’s Expression property. In the invoked Expression Editor, select the sumDCount summary function in the Functions | Summary section.
- Use the Text Format String property to format the summary’s value.
You can see the group count in the report footer when switching to Print Preview.
Last modified: Aug 26, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.