The Check Box control displays the checkbox’s state.
You can add this control by dragging the Check Box item from the Toolbox onto the report’s area.
Use one of the following properties to set the checkbox’s state:
- Checked – indicates whether the checkbox is selected (displays a check mark) or not (is empty).
- Check State – specifies one of the following checkbox states:
The Text property specifies the checkbox’s caption. You can double-click the checkbox to invoke its in-place editor and type the desired text.
Bind to Data
You can bind the Check State property to a data field obtained from a report’s data source. Expand the Actions category, click the Check State property’s ellipsis button and select the required data field in the invoked Expression Editor.
The data field value determines the checkbox state in the following manner:
- True or 1 activates the Checked state;
- False or 0 activates the Unchecked state;
- Any other value activates the Indeterminate state.
In the same way, click the Text property’s ellipsis button and select the desired data field or construct a complex binding expression involving two or more data fields.
You can also drag and drop a Boolean type data field from the Field List to create a new checkbox bound to this field.
The Glyph Options property provides access to glyph settings.
- Alignment – specifies the glyph’s alignment within the control.
- Size – specifies the glyph size.
- Glyph Style – specifies a predefined glyph style.
- Custom Glyphs – specifies a custom glyph image for each checkbox state (Checked/Unchecked/Indeterminate).