Where a Master Field is to be used to define the settings of Dataset Parameters which are linked to it, these settings can be adjusted here:
- Default Value – The default value that will be used for this parameter.
- Default Display – The value users will be shown when creating a new view with this dataset.
- Mandatory – Whether a value must be provided for this parameter or not.
- Quick Find – Deprecated
- User Attribute – Whether the parameter should use a value defined for the logged-in user in User Parameters or IP Parameters
- Data Type The type of the parameter to be passed into the query.
- Lookup Object – a drop down list of the Datasets available to be used as a Lookup (see Making a Dataset Available for Lookup Parameters)
- Display Field – the field from the Lookup Dataset to show the end-user in the drop-down
- Value Field – the field from the Lookup Dataset that should be passed into the query
- Multi-Select – allows more than one parameter to be passed into the Dataset at run-time.
When using Multi-Select, care should be taken to ensure the query has been defined to accept multiple values by use of an IN operator rather than an equals operator in the query e.g.:
WHERE ColumnName IN :FIXED_LIST_PARAMETER