This document describes how to calculate an advanced summary for report groups using a built-in summary function and arithmetical or logical functions.
- Insert the Group Header band, select the Group Fields section in the Actions category and add a new group field to group the report’s data by the required field.
- Insert the Group Footer band and drop a Label onto it to display the summary result. Expand the Summary section in the Actions category and set the Running property to Group.
- Click the Expression property’s ellipsis button.
- This invokes the Expression Editor where you can specify a custom expression with the required summary functions and other logical or arithmetical functions. For example:
- You can use the Text Format String property to format the summary’s value.
Switch to Print Preview to see the result.
Last modified: Aug 26, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.