This document describes how to calculate various summaries across a report and its groups.
- Insert the Group Header band, select the Group Fields section in the Actions category and add a new group field to group the report’s data by the required field.
- Insert the Group Footer band. Prepare the report layout and drop a required data field onto the group footer to display the summary result.
- Select the label, expand the Summary section and invoke the Running drop-down list. Select the range for which to calculate a summary (the entire report, a specific report group or document page).
- Click the Expression property’s ellipsis button.
- This invokes the Expression Editor where you can select the required summary in the Functions | Summary section. Report summary functions start with the “sum” prefix to make it easy to differentiate them from aggregate functions.
- You can use the Text Format String property to format the summary’s value.
Switch to Print Preview to see the result.
Last modified: Aug 26, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.