Advanced Field Properties allow Nathean Analytics developers to define how the data returned by a Dataset will display in Analyser, Visualiser and the Report Designer.
On the General Properties tab, four attributes are available to change:
- Cell Type – Can be Data, Icon, Calculated, or HTML (Compare Bar & Progress Bar are deprecated functionality)
- Data – This is the default option and represents a field of data.
- Icon – Used to replace the value in a field with an icon from the Icons module of Logix. To use this, the query must return a field that contains the Icon Ids of the icons we wish to display. (The field must have a datatype of String)
- Calculated – Indicates that the field has been created by the Calculated Field
- Alignment – Whether data presented in the field should be aligned to the Left, Right or Centre of the field.
- Display Mask – Allows a format to be provided which numeric or date fields should follow when displaying their data. See Display Mask Formats
- Field Alias – An alias for the field which can be used when querying the dataset with LINQ.
The Dataset Field tab allows editing of the following properties:
- Display Width - The default display width of the field (in pixels).
- Sort Order – The default sort order of the field.
- Sort Order Field – Allows another field from the same dataset to be used for sorting e.g. using a field called month_order to sort a field called month where month_order is a numeric value to get months to sort as “Jan, Feb, Mar” rather than Feb, Jan, Mar.
- Hint Text – A description of the field which will appear when a user hovers over the column header in Nathean Analytics Desktop tool.
- Visible – Whether the field is shown in the data grid when a user creates a new view or not
- Currency Flag – Formats a numeric field to be the local currency using the regional settings of the server.
- Hidden – Hides the field from users.
- Calculation Active – Allows Calculated Fields to be switched on or off.
- Primary Key – Identifies the primary key of a Dataset to be used when updating a Data Mart table with a Nathean Analytics Spreadsheet
The Filters tab is used to adjust the controls used for Filters applied to numeric fields (Fields with a numeric data type which have been identified as a Filter fields)
- Range From - The lower end of the range to display.
- Range To – The upper end of the range to display.
- Single – Only allow a single number to be chosen.